How To Clean Silver? Easy Tips & Tricks
Are you worried about how to clean tarnished silver? Are you looking for tips on how to clean silver? Cleaning silver or removing tarnish from silver is not rocket science; some easy tips can help you get brighter, shinier silver in no time. Don’t worry; follow the simple instructions below.
Professional Silver Cleaners
There are professional silver cleaners in the market that can help you clean your silver jewelry, ornaments, utensils, or any other valuable silver piece. They have the expertise, professional tools, and experience to clean heavily tarnished silver ornaments with care. So, if you believe you don’t have the time or you think your silver ornaments are precious for you, hire any best professional silver cleaner near you.
However, watch out for fraudulent and check reviews. You don’t want to end up wasting your money and losing your credentials.
How To Clean Silver At Home: Commercial Silver Cleaner
A commercial silver cleaner is another choice that can help you clean silver with ease. There are varieties of options available in the market; look for the best-reviewed one, and you may try cleaning it at home. However, the commercial silver cleaner is not the perfect preferred choice we would suggest; they come up with severe drawbacks too. The powerful chemical within these commercial cleaners not only harms the environment but can damage your silver also. Typically, it presumed that cleaners remove anti-tarnish coating and valuable patina. Thereby enforcing users to use these cleaners more frequently, as silver tarnishes more quickly.
How To Clean Silver At Home: Home-Made Silver Cleaner
Well…..if you are looking for ways of how to clean silver jewelry at home? Or looking for the preferable method of how to clean silver plate or coins, then you can try the following ways below. They are not only recommendable but also tested by many. Let’s start with the best-reviewed way.
Baking Soda And Aluminum Foil
Baking soda causes a chemical reaction; so often, people worry if baking soda is safe to clean silver? Many also question how to clean silver with baking soda? Do we need any unique method for effective results? Baking soda and aluminum foil work like magic; it can easily and quickly remove heavy tarnish from silver in no time.
Want to know how? It’s simple; everything is in your kitchen; grab them now
Things You Need:
- Aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Glass dish or any bowl
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon salt (sea salt recommendable)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Cover the glass dish with aluminum foil and add baking soda and salt to it.
- Add boiling water and vinegar to it; a slight chemical reaction will occur, so pour in carefully.
- Now place your tarnished silver ornaments, jewelry, plates, coins, or any other made of silver. However, make sure the pieces do not overlap with each other, and the silver touches the aluminum surface. Generally, it takes about 30 seconds, but if your articles heavily tarnished, you may soak it for some minutes longer.
- Rinse under lukewarm water and rub dry with a soft cloth
It’s time to admire!
Aluminum Foil And Detergent
Are you looking for the best way of how to clean silver rings, necklaces, earning, chain, or any other silver jewelry or the best solution of how to clean silver plate, spoons, or any other cutlery? Well, this cleaning trick is best for silver jewelry and tarnished silverware. The process is as easy as above and requires no new things. We all have liquid laundry detergent and aluminum foil at home. Yes, that’s all you need. So we’ll jump directly to the procedure
- Take a bowl and cover the base with aluminum foil
- Now fill the container with hot boiling water
- Next, add a tablespoon of liquid laundry detergent and stir well
- Soak your silver items in the mixture for a while, approximately 30 minutes.
- Take the silver out and rinse it with lukewarm water
- Dry the items with a cotton or paper towel.
Yes, it is ketchup! Ketchup can help remove tarnish from silver. But, it is only preferable if you have 2 or 3 handy things to clean or else you are doomed. It would be best if you had ketchup and cleaning tools like microfiber cloth, brush, or paper towel. It depends on the type of silverware you want to clean.
- Squeeze some ketchup on the paper towel
- Gently rub it over the tarnished silver items you wish to clean.
- If the silver heavily tarnished, leave the ketchup on the silver for 15 minutes then rub it with a microfiber cloth.
- You may also use a soft brush to clean between the crevices.
Some Other Tips Of How To Clean Silver:
There are numerous other DIY silver cleaning tips you can try at home. They may not as effective as the ones we have mentioned above, but it is always worth trying. So, for your knowledge, you may try some of these ingredients too:
- Use non-gel and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Hand sanitizer
- Lemon- Lime soda
- Baking soda and water
- Rubbing alcohol
- Aluminum foil and vinegar
How To Clean Silver Plated Jewelry
Silver-plated jewelry can be tricky, as vigorous cleaning or using chemicals can cause it to flake and lose its beauty. So, if you don’t want to damage the silver plating and clean it efficiently too; then you the safest and best method
Clean your silver plated jewelry with aluminum foil, baking soda, salt, and boiling water mixture. Soak it for 10 minutes and then wipe it dry with a lint-free cloth.
How To Clean Sterling Silver
Are you wondering if sterling silver and standard silver are different? Well yes, sterling silver is 92.5% silver and 7.5% base metal. So, it requires more care than pure or other standard silver. So, if you want to know the best trick of how to clean sterling silver jewelry, then simple mild dishwashing detergent is your saver.
Soak your sterling silver jewelry into a mixture of water and ammonia and phosphate-free dishwashing soap for 15 minutes. Gently scrub the jewelry with your hand and rinse it with clean water. Dry it with a nonabrasive cloth. That’s all; you have the best solution of how to clean sterling silver necklaces, rings or any other jewelry.
We have enlisted you the best tricks of how to clean silver jewelry and other ornaments quickly and easily. However, it is best to protect your items, keep them tidy, and organized. Preventive measures are always better.