How to Remove Sticker Residue?
Removing the sticker from clothes, plastic, metal, glass, and wood is not a crucial job; you need the right technique. Our prestigious tips on ‘how to remove sticker residue’ will ease your work and save you time.
Price stickers, labels, packing tapes, or even your child’s favorite cartoon stickers leave behind a beautiful memory and a sticky adhesive residue. It is not only difficult to remove but requires a tricky mess too. Well! There are various ingredients that can help you resolve this mystery, but you don’t want to damage the surface, as every item specified for a particular material. You cannot use coconut oil on a new dress you just bought from an expensive outlet or nail polish remover on wooden chair.
So, within this article, we will enlist the best possible ways to remove sticker residue from various materials with the best possible solution.
So, head on and enjoy no stickier residue!
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Clothes
Sticker residue on clothes can become stubborn, especially if they are dried out. They are not only annoying to eyes but harder to remove as well. So, we will give you a simple solution on how to remove sticker residue from shirt. Whenever you see a sticker on your clothes don’t try to peel it off directly. Apply some water on it and remove it carefully. However, if the sticky stain persists; apply the following simple steps:
- Check the fabric of your garment; if it’s wool, silk, or lace, you a mild detergent. We recommend Persil. It’s good quality and preferable stain remover known internationally.
- You may also try rubbing alcohol on the affected area, but make sure to test the fabric first.
- Wash the garment at 40 degrees or below and according to the instructions of the manufacturer
- Retreat the area if the residue persists.
Want to know how to remove sticker residue from clothing with iron? It’s simple and easy steps:
- Lay the shirt or any other garment on the iron board stand
- Cover the sticker residue area of the shirt with two layers of paper towel
- Set the iron on high temperature and place it on the sticker area for only 5-10 sec
- Scrap it off with your fingernail.
- The goo off won’t scrap off that easily; you need to repeat the process several times.
Tip: always check the label and stickers on your clothes before washing. Scraping the sticky residue is tiresome then peeling off the sticker with care.
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Plastic
A plastic scraper or blade of the plastic knife can scrap it off adhesive goo from plastic without damaging it. It does take some time and patience; however, if you want to save time soak the affected area in Luke hot water and few drops of dish detergent until residue softens. Later scrap the sticker residue with your fingers or plastic scraper.
Some other items save to remove sticker residue from plastic are:
- Alcohol; vodka is best
- Peanut butter
- Olive oil or baby oil
- Nail polish
- Wet wipes
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Glass
Are you looking for ways on how to remove sticker residue from glass quickly and easily? Well, old bottles and jars are handy but getting those sticky residues is quite a hassle. But, not if you follow the simple process below:
- Soak the label in hot water for several minutes (for best affective results leave it overnight)
- Peel of the sticker; it will come off quickly.
- However, if the sticker residue persists, apply some oil on it for a minute and wipe it off with a paper towel.
- Now clean it with soap
Your bottle is ready for your next DIY project!
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Metal
Removing sticker residue from metal is secure and our favorite.
- Rub the stain with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball.
- Let it sit for a minute
- Vola! The stains are gone!
Bonus: Baby oil is a good substitute if your metal has a matt finish or polished with paint.
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Stainless Steel
Stainless steel follows the same materialistic properties than that of metal. So, oil is the best ingredient to remove the sticky residue from stainless steel with the least effort and time. Don’t forget to moisten it with a soft oily cloth and rub it in circular motions. Later, wipe it off with a dry cloth. For best results, you may also wipe it with a warm soapy water cloth and remove any leftover residue.
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Wood
The wooden coffee you just bought intriguers a sticky adhesive residue right on top. It has a beautiful finishing and removing the residue from that unique laminated wood is giving you fever chills.
Don’t worry; Relax!
Take your time and work slowly
- Mix one part of water and one part of vinegar
- Use a soft cloth a gently spread the mixture on the sticker
- If the residue persists, apply some Murphy Oil Soap and later rinse it with soap and water.
- Leave it to dry.
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Car
You may try simple dishwashing detergents, and oil to remove sticker residue from cars. For effective results, gasoline is the best active material to remove sticky residue.
- Get yourself equipped with a clean, soft, excellent absorption rag.
- Apply the gasoline on the affected area and rub it with the rag in circular motions
- Wash off gasoline with warm soapy water
- Dry it with a dry cloth.
How To Remove Sticker Residue From Car Window
Removing sticker residues is always time-consuming, but we get lucky when the stubborn residues can be removed using simple household products like dishwashing detergents.
- Create a mixture of hot water and dishwashing detergent
- Rub the residue in circular motions with a rag soaked in mixture
- Clean it with a plain water
- Wipe the area dry with a clean cloth
You can also try liquid fabric softener mixture as another substitute. Make a ratio of 50% ratio of water and fabric softener and follow a similar process.
This method can be applied to any glass material too.
Now! You don’t have to worry about any more sticker residue. This article on how to remove sticker residue would have significantly helped you get rid of the adhesive residue in no time from all possible materials. Follow our tips and enjoy sticky situations.